About This Event
Using yoga postures, movement and functional exercises designed for ages 55 plus, Cheryl's newly redesigned program for The Paradise Center helps deepen your inner awareness and awaken your natural alignment and support.
• Improve balance, stability & strength
• Manage stress, depression & insomnia
• Enhance circulation, improve flexibility & boost energy
Not everyone is comfortable with the up-and-down movements of traditional yoga…
That's why this class is wrist and knee friendly -- enjoy the benefits of yoga without having to get down on the floor! All movements and poses can be modified as needed for your own personal comfort. Class structure:
• 20 minutes: Seated in a chair to carefully warm and open the body and breath, mobilizing spine and joints from head to toe
• 20 minutes: Standing yoga with movement and exercises coordinated with breath and awareness
• 10 minutes: Seated stretching
• 10 minutes: Guided meditation
Dress in clothes you can comfortably move in. Shoes with soles are recommended, but those who prefer bare feet and/or a mat for their practice are welcome. Held indoors; chairs and water provided.
FREE for Members
$10/class . Walk Ins Welcome